Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

So, what's going on here? I have decided to start keeping a running log in the form of a blog. I have seen several people do it including Steve Magness who was a sensational high school runner in Texas. An alumni's blog from my school, Eric Sondag, was inspiration for starting this project up.

I am currently in my fourth year of school at the University of North Dakota. I am taking 15 credits and working towards a degree in aviation management. I have been running cross country since 6th grade and this will be my last season. I have two full years of track remaining.
My PR's on the track consist of 1500m 4:12 ('06), 5000m 16:04 ('06), 10,000m 33:25 ('06)

My training over this past summer consisted of about 60 miles a week until I ran into problems with my foot (again) in the middle of July. So I was running about 40 miles a week up until the end of July when I pretty much cut running out for about three weeks. I was riding bike about 12-15 hours a week after I cut running. I switched shoes and am currently in my fifth week of running at least 6 days a week. My mileage for the week (and presumeably the remainder of the season) will be between 60 and 70 miles. Last Friday we had our first meet of the year at home. I finished in 12th place on a windy day in a time of 27:31. I felt pretty good about the race because I ran even splits throughout the race. On Saturday I am racing at the Roy Griak Invitational hosted by the University of Minnesota.

Here is a link to our schedule for the remainder of the season: http://fightingsioux.com/sports/mxcountry/schedule.asp

Comments:
I didn't realize you had started a blog until I noticed the link from your last comment. Cool!

It's good to see your training is going well again. I think you're right about the mileage. We'll have to have a talk about that long run, though.

Have fun with the blog. Check you later.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?