Monday, October 23, 2006

 

North Central Conference Meet

Alright, I haven't posted here in a while but I have some updates on my training over the last two weeks. The conference meet went really well for us as a team and for me it felt like it was the first time I really felt comfortable racing all year. It was really close between us and Augie. They beat us by 9 points and our 2-5 spread was 21 seconds and their 2-5 was all in between ours.

I didn't know what they think going into the meet because I had run a workout the Saturday morning before and stopped the workout half way through because I felt that shitty. I took the next day off from running and just walked around campus a bit. My mileage was somewhere between 45 and 50 for both weeks with some descent workouts in both weeks.

I am going into the regional meet on November 4th with the notion that anything can happen. Although I don't really care much for rankings I do look at them. We got some respect around the region as we are now ranked 10th. Five teams make the national meet from our region and I think four of them are pretty well taken by Western, Adams, Mines, and Mankato. Basically I am saying the fifth spot is up for grabs and about 5 different teams could take the last set of plane tickets to Orlando.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?