Sunday, January 28, 2007

 

1/22-1/28

I didn't run under 9:10 this week, but 9:15 is definately better than 4:43. I am quite a ways off of running a sub-32 minute 10,000m right now considering it is only 7 seconds per k slower than what I went today. Last year at Mankato, I think I ran 9:25 or maybe a little bit faster and was still able to run about 33:25 at conference in 25 mph winds right down the pipe. My training was quite a bit different this year compared last year as I was only running between 40 and 50 a week and focusing more on the 1500m. I was coming off almost 2 weeks of no running after a foot injury in cross and I just wanted to use the track season to gain some strength back and stay healthy. I think I can run under 32 minutes.

Next week I want to be at least 75 miles, maybe more.

I was informed by an officer of the law that it is illegal to run on the street. I informed him, in so many words, it is impossible to run on the sidewalk. Man was I pissed!

Mon. 66 mins - 9.5 miles
Tues. 50 mins - 7 miles
Weds. 29 min. warmup, 8x400m (74, 69, 69, 68, 70, 68, 69, 68) with 2 mins rest, 24 mins down - 9.5 miles
Thurs. 77 mins - 11 miles
Fri. 45 mins - 6.5 miles
Sat. 2 mile warmup, 9:15 3k (73, 2:25, 3:39, 4:52, 6:08, 7:32, 8:37, 9:15) 37 mins down - 9 miles
Sun. 1 hr 43 mins - 14.5 miles

67 miles

Comments:
I have to hear more about your conversation with the cop. Fucking pigs.
 
Well, shortly after Richie and I parted ways, I was running down University and the cop pulled up ahead of me a little bit in the turn lane. When I went by him he called me over to come talk to him. He says, "I admire you 'get-to-itiveness' but it is illegal to run on the street." (This is when the snow is coming down like crazy. I ask him where I'm supposed to run and why he wasn't hastling the people whose sidewalks aren't clear of ice and snow. I basically then took off on the sidewalk, but whistled him down and asked him if I could sue for negligence if I were to slip and break something on the sidewalk. He said he didn't know because he wasn't a lawyer and I told him he wasn't any good at enforcing the law either... I should have told him to get his bitch ass out in front of the cop shop and shovel that sidewalk because it is usually the worst one in town.

This is pretty much the PG version. I don't remember everything I said but I know I dropped a few F bombs and showed him no more respect than he deserved. I wasn't exactly in t he greatest mood as I took 2 falls on the run (one on a god damned ice rink in Lincoln Park that was snowed over where I was stopping to take a shit) and I was 1hr 40 mins into my run.

Ahh like Tom Petty says, "You don't know how it feels to be me."
 
Just in the last week, I had two different cops stop a few blocks up and watch me run by. Neither of them rolled down their windows and said anything, they just stared at me. I pass a cop probably four days a week, almost always before 6am, and I've had one incident (last summer) and three suspicious 'stop and stares' just in the last month.

I wonder if they are actually thinking about cracking down on this or if they're just bored. Assholes. Nice job giving that twat the business. They'll get more of the same from me if they say anything.
 
ha, I just found your post on it. They just like the idea of telling someone to do something and then watching them do it... power trippers.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?