Tuesday, January 02, 2007

 

12/25-12/31

My short term goal of running every day until the New Year was shattered this week. My goddamned IT band, which I have not had a problem with for 3 years to the month flared up on my. I was probably a little more cautions than I have been in the past with it because previously the only spot that had bothered me was the knee but this time it was in the hip as well. I took three days off and stretched for 5-10 mins all of the days and iced multiple times as well. On another note, Monday was probably the second worst run (the other I am not going to talk about right now) of my life in weather about 0 degrees F. It was 38 degrees and POURING raining and I forgot my running pants in Minnesota and the only dri-fit shirt I had down there got stolen by a dog (this is the only explanation we can come up with) earlier in the week after I had shed it on a run. So I ran in a cotton long sleeve (probably would have been the same as running sans the shirt) and shorts. This run made running in GF in Jan. or Feb seem appealing. So after the 3 days off i am just looking to be somewhere in the upper 50s or low 60s next week, and then it is racing time... hmmm 1 mile at Mankato?

Mon. 52 mins - 7.5 miles
Tues. 91 mins - 12.5 (12 minutes with my 9 year old cousin)
Wed. 0 mins - 0 miles (IT band, left hip and knee)
Thurs. 0 mins - 0 miles (IT band, left hip and knee)
Fri. 0 mins - 0 miles (IT band, left hip and knee)
Sat. 46 mins - 6.5 miles
Sun. 35 mins - 5 miles

31.5 miles (4 runs)

December: 255 miles

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?