Monday, January 22, 2007

 

1/15-1/21

Ahhhhhh, the frustration that is indoor. I probably went out a little harder than I needed to but nothing out of control. I think I was 2:15 at the half. Which means if you do the math right, I was barely running under 5:00 minute pace for the 2nd half. As for the workout on Wednesday, I feel like there is way too much rest on the 5 hard, 5 easy it is not much harder than threshold pace and seems to me a minute would be adequate on after the 5 minutes and maybe a little less after the 4 and 3. Regardless, at this point it is probably better with too much rest than too little.

If I even go to USD next week, I plan on running 3,000 meters under 9:10.

Mon. 80 mins - 11.5 miles
Tues. 64 mins - 9 miles
Weds. 51 mins (5 up, 5 hard, 5 easy, 4 hard, 4 easy, 3 hard, 3 easy, 4 hard, 4 easy, 3x60 second pickups, with 2 mins recovery, 7 mins down) - 7.5 miles
Thurs. 82 mins - 11.5 miles
Fri. 46 mins - 6.5 miles
Sat. 15 mins up 1 mile race (4:43) 48 mins down - 10 miles
Sun. 1 hour 45 mins - 15 miles

71 miles

Comments:
Short recoveries are for lactate tolerance. Long recoveries help you clear lactate so that you can do a higher volume of work at faster paces than you could with shorter rest periods. The hard bits should have been at 5k pace or slightly faster. You would have a hard time doing 2x5000m at 5k pace, but you can put in almost that volume of pace work with long recoveries.

Nice mix of mileage and quality this week. You may be a bit flat now, but you should get a good boost from this work in a week or two.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?