Sunday, February 04, 2007

 

01/29-02/04 (new shoes)

I think 16 is the farthest I have run since my sophmore year and probably my biggest week too. Somewhat embarrassing but that is an indication of how beat up I have been. The run today sucked about as much as yesterday. I think the air temp was -12 when I left the house, but the light wind made it tolerable. I felt good today once I got going. I clocked a mile at about an hour and a half at about 6:20. I would assume the run was 17+ but it is getting logged as 16.

If the weather warms up a little here, I am going to start doubling a couple of times a week, but at the present, it is just too cold to deal with that shit.

I am still up in the air for next week if I want to run another 3k or give the 5k a go. I think I can run under 16 right now but the hard track in Mankato can be realatively unforgiving on the legs. I probably won't be ove 65 but will get two quality days as well as the race.

Mon. 60 mins - 8.5 miles
Tues. 91 mins - 13 miles
Weds. 25 mins up, 3x400m, 2x400m, 3x400m (67-69 seconds) 75 second recovery, 2:00 between sets, 25 mins down - 9 miles
Thurs. 70 mins - 10 miles
Fri. 84 mins - 12 miles
Sat. 65 mins - 9.5 miles
Sun. 1 hr. 52 mins - 16 miles

78 miles

January: 304.5

Comments:
Mahoney - whaaaat's haappening? Just checking out your sweet blog. I like the picture of you with the frost on your faces...makes me think of running out on the road to Thomp-son.

Hey, have you ever listened to Ray LaMontagne's music? I thought this part of one of his song 'Empty' fit in with the title of your little blog: Well I looked my demons in the eyes, laid bare my chest and said "Do your best to destroy me. You see I've been to Hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."
 
Hi Nate, I hear you are going to be a father soon congrats. I had never heard the song until I 'borrowed' it from the internet.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?